Raj Forhad is the Reform UK Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Ilford South. We spoke with Raj about his decision to stand.
Can you briefly introduce yourself to our readers?
From a very early age, I have always had the great dream and vision to work for the people and to be their voice wherever I live.
I have been married to Shahana for over 12 years and we have two children – Zayan and Arash.
As a highly skilled legal migrant, I had gone through a tough, roller coaster journey. I have been respecting the laws and contributing high taxes in the UK.
I spent all of my money to complete my MSc at the University of Central Lancashire. When I left Preston, Lancashire with a £1 Mega bus ticket ride in 2011, I only had £5 in my pocket.
I always have great dedication and an innovative mindset to do something better for my life and the community. I have been been endorsed as an Exceptional Talent by Tech Nation, UK (https://technation.io/ ) because of my significant contribution to the UK Digital Sector, after competing thousands high profiles with many years of working experiences in IT including many PhD holders from the top universities around the world in UK’s Exceptional Talent competition, probably I am the first and last Bangladeshi Exceptional Talent, and through Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and High Skilled migrant routes I became a British citizen.
Now, I have been working as an Enterprise Architect Consultant for Tier 1 banks in the UK. I also run a few small businesses.
I have been in politics from the age of nine in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and campaigned, joined marches and road shows for the Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
I stood as a Councillor Candidate at Chadwell ward, Redbridge from the Conservatives party in May, 2022 local election.
- Campaigns against ULEZ https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0HEN8w2FD4jkuVWw5tsYrSQt8C7nqKo4scvLkGCrhSg7vsTY6JJ9M3jt6NPUuVL42l&id=100095272804110
- Campaigning on Kids’ Live Matter https://www.facebook.com/raj.forhad/posts/pfbid025jnD4mFssTAvMbzgmy5j21UrbpD7FLCLAEw1HMAZL5YKRdpmPVafMNJxUC1coVtBl and wrote article https://www.facebook.com/raj.forhad/posts/pfbid02uXrqMr48qbZH2hSwvMjF2DB4bUd7Kihgz8GSpugy5uE4c2s4v6Y5HBogjJxRLRZzl
- Fund organiser on various social causes
- Tech meet-up group “Code Skill Buddy – Learn to Code Get a Tech Job” organiser with 3500+ members and I have been conducting many free workshops and helped many to learn, grow and get tech jobs.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=502010687130254 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369127730212629 https://www.facebook.com/codeskillbuddy/videos/337774083347994
What made you decide to stand for Reform UK?
The Britain I used to know has broken – broken in many sectors by both Conservatives and Labour parties.
Current politics by Conservatives, Labour, LibDem are not fit for the people and the country. They have run out of ideas, lack the determination to get the UK back on track and work for the working class people.
The immense challenges are ahead and except Reform UK, no other party has any Common Sense solutions to “Make Britain Great Again”!
I want to reshape and reform the UK, and get it back on track.
Rishi Sunak and all other Conservative PMs for the last 13 years have shown poor leadership. Recently, they have failed to work on the mandate given by the general people in 2019 and in previous general elections. Their policies and laws have brought devastating impacts on hard working people, businesses.
You’re the Spokesman for Ilford South what’s made you decide to represent this area?
I am standing as an Prospective Parliamentary Candidate at Ilford South Constituency in Redbridge with Reform UK on behalf of the residents because like many of you I am frustrated, worried, tremendously concern about the current situations in Ilford South, Redbridge as:
- inflation is super high,
- mortgage rates are hitting the hard working people,
- ULEZ introduction is hitting many of you,
- crimes are in high rates,
- residents safety is at critical conditions,
- women going out on roads day or night – do not feel safe any more,
- anti-social behaviours are in rocket-high,
- small businesses are suffering,
- people are struggling with GP and hospital appointments,
- green spaces in Ilford South, Redbridge are vanishing month by month,
- parents are not getting proper support and education for their children,
- roads are dirty, full of potholes,
- young generations are not getting the right jobs nor getting paid enough with their gained degrees or experiences,
- and many other local issues
What do you see as the big concerns for the constituency and what issues do you hope to champion?
I strongly believe Ilford South constituency residents deserve a modern, beautiful and lawful constituency under a strong, visionary MP’s leadership. I will work day and night to solve your issues if I am elected by your valuable mandates at the next General Election.
My main pledges are to
- Scrap ULEZ, ditch LTNs and 20mph zones
- Cut crimes on knife, anti-social behavior, women’s safety and others
- Invest more to build affordable housing
- Invest more to support local businesses
- Invest more and provide better public services applying modern technology (AI) driven solutions to have efficient policing, NHS GP and hospital appointments and other services
- Invest more to support the most vulnerable residents in Redbridge
- Bring policies and strategies to provide more jobs with higher salary for the young generations and their hard working families
- Invest and build world class university in Redbridge
- Invest and build more grammar schools for both boys and girls
- Upgrade schools from Good to Outstanding
- Invest more to protect green spaces
- Invest to provide free mobile gyms for young generation and financially insolvent residents
- Invest to provide free mobile learning hubs for the residents
Being a working class person and working on various community issues for many years, I understand people and their issues, and challenges. I will ensure Ilford South residents’ voices are being heard at Westminster.
I will be working day and night with your issues. You will always get an appropriate answer on your issues over email or call within an hour.
For those eager to help, how can they get involved in the campaign?
You can find out more about Reform UK at https://www.reformparty.uk/. You can email me at [email protected] and follow me on Facebook at Reform UK Ilford South and Twitter at https://twitter.com/rajmasudforhad.