The TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA) are coming to Croydon on Saturday 22nd June as part of their Town Hall Rich List Roadshow.
The TaxPayers’ Alliance campaign for lower taxes and against government waste. Focus on value for money in public finances is something we desperately need in Croydon.
The average council tax bill has gone up by more than £900 in the last 20 years and spending has gone through the roof. Councils are trying to plug their financial blackholes through tax rises and cuts to public services, rather than scaling back the pay packets of council staff.
- In 2017-18 The Chief Executive of Croydon Council had a total remuneration package of £185,000.
- Croydon Council has 19 staff paid over £100,000?
- We have some of the highest paid councillors in London who last year voted themselves a 2% pay rise for backbenchers and 4.4% for the front bench.
- To pay for all this Croydon’s Council Tax increased 4.88% this year.
You might wonder with all these highly paid staff and councillors, if someone might have had the time to provide some scrutiny over the £10,000 of taxpayer money given to an ‘entertainer’ to defecate on stage. Meanwhile Croydon’s Children’s Services Department is still rated Inadequate by Ofsted.
The TaxPayers’ Alliance Town Hall Rich List Roadshow street stall will be in Croydon on Saturday 22nd June, between 11am and 2pm.
If you’re interested in knowing more about tax in Croydon, their national campaigns, or covering the stall, contact the Croydon Constitutionalists or come and see the TaxPayers’ Alliance Roadshow in Croydon on the 22nd June.
- 19 staff paid over £100,000 – https://croydonconstitutionalists.uk/croydon-council-rich-list/
- Further details on the Roadshow – https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/2019_town_hall_rich_list_roadshow_croydon
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Michael Swadling at [email protected].