Martin is standing in the Cranleigh West ward, Waverley Borough Council.
I have been a Cranleigh resident for more than 30 years and have loved living here. I wish to see Cranleigh thrive and continue to be a great place to live for all residents. Changes must be for the benefit of our community.
- Preserve our rural environment and oppose over-development.
- Encourage independent shops for a thriving High Street.
- Co-ordinate councils and utility companies for efficient local services.
What We Stand For Locally
- Planning – We will protect our green spaces and heritage by building new homes on brownfield sites and make sure real infrastructure like road improvements, school places and medical facilities come first.
- No Whip – All of our councillors are whip-free, which means they can vote on matters that concern you and your community without interference from the party.
- Save Our High Streets – Rescue our struggling high streets with free parking, business rate cuts, encouraging homes in town centres, targeted investment, local resident discount schemes and more.
What We Stand For Nationally
- Cheaper Energy – We will renationalise utility companies, making them 50% taxpayer owned and 50% British pension fund owned. We will approve of shale gas exploration so we no longer rely on Putin or Macron for our energy.
- Illegal Immigration – It’s time to put a stop to vile traffickers, who are profiteering while people drown in the Channel. We will return boats to French ports and take zero tolerance approach to illegal immigration.