With the Selby & Ainsty by-election coming up on the 20th July. We’ve spoken local businessman Guy Phoenix, who is the Heritage Party candidate for the election.
This may be the first time some people have had a chance to vote for the Heritage Party. Can you introduce the party and say a bit about what it stands for.
The Heritage Party was formed in 2020 to defend our heritage and restore our nation. The Heritage Party stands for common sense principles and policies including:
- Protect our culture and heritage
- Traditional family values
- Protect children from grooming and sexualisation
- National sovereignty
- Control our borders
- Financial responsibility
- Self-sufficiency in skills
- Self-sufficiency in energy
- No more lockdowns
Can you introduce yourself to the people of Selby and Ainsty, and also tell us what got you involved in politics?
I’m a local businessman and my Company has offices in Ripon, Leeds and Gargrave. I’m 55 and have never – until now – been involved in politics.
So why have I decided to get involved now? Well, I have long since reached the conclusion that the United Kingdom is heading in the wrong – and frankly disastrous – direction. The Heritage party has the only Manifesto and Policies that are completely aligned with my own views.
Once I joined the Heritage Party and decided it was time to do something rather than sit and watch the disastrous policies of the fake Conservatives and the Uni-Party (Con-Lab-Lib-Green) continue to destroy the Country. So after discussions with our Party Leader David Kurten I decided to put my name forwards in the Selby & Ainsty by-election.
Since then, I have been canvassing door-to-door and the same message comes through – people want change. But not just change from one Old Party to another – people realise that isn’t change at all, just more of the same. They agree that this means voting for a new party like the Heritage Party. Some people express concern that voting for a small party may be a waste of a vote. Well, voting for a principled Party whose policies you agree with is never a waste. Plus, if most people vote for us we’ll no longer be a small party!
If elected what are the local challenges you want to champion?
From the 2021 Census there is a clear alignment of the constituency’s people and needs with the Heritage Party’s policies. I could answer this question with dozens of issues, but here are my top three:
- The Constituency has only 60.9% in employment. This is far too low. Through policies of financial responsibility and low taxation, the Heritage Party will seek to increase workplace participation amongst the economically inactive and encourage employment for all.
- The Constituency has low levels of academic and vocational education achievement. Education Level 1,2 or 3 qualifications stand at just 42.3%. The UK must become self-sufficient in skills rather than relying on importing skilled and unskilled labour from abroad. Education needs to be re-focussed onto fostering excellence and teaching pupils and students the skills they need to be self-reliant.
We must train enough of our own young people to succeed and thrive in professional and technical careers, particularly as nurses, doctors, teachers, engineers, construction workers and IT professionals. The Heritage Party will champion this training and education appropriately – not every vocation requires a Degree!
- The Constituency is predominantly rural. Only the Heritage Party has policies to support rural areas. We have some of the best agricultural land in the world which is a precious resource and should be preserved for agriculture. Despite this, there is huge pressure to concrete over large areas of our green belt and the countryside to build housing for artificially inflated population growth, or for solar panels and wind turbines to satisfy the false claims of green ideology. This pressure must be resisted and I will do so if elected.
How can people find out more and get involved in your campaign?
There are many ways to find out more and to get involved:
- You can read our Manifesto and donate or join the Heritage Party at https://heritageparty.org/
- You can follow our campaign on Facebook and Telegram (Heritage Campaign 2023)
- Subscribe to our newsletters at http://eepurl.com/it-aSA