What we believe
- Croydon Constitutionalists is a non partisan events and campaigning group.
- The group’s purpose is to promote a Classically Liberal set of ideas and encourage others to campaign and promote individual freedom.
- We welcome differing views of freedom but broadly we are in favour of:
- Low Taxes
- Free Speech
- Free Markets
- Rational science not climate alarmism
Meet the Team
A Euro-sceptic activist for the last 20 years. As an insurance professional based in the City but working worldwide. Dan was the Croydon Central Lead for the EU Referendum he is a former member of the Conservative Party and UKIP for whom he was a candidate in Fairfield and New Addington North.
Mike ran the Croydon referendum campaign to leave the EU. An IT professional he has been a school governor in Croydon for many years serving at 3 schools. He is a former member of the Conservative Party and UKIP for whom he was a candidate in South Norwood, New Addington South and was the Croydon North candidate in the 2017 general election. When it published Mike regularly wrote for Croydon Citizen at - https://thecroydoncitizen.com/author/michael-swadling/
Interest in Classical Liberalism?
- Should another person the right to tell you how to live your life?
- Who’s in charge the people or the government?
- Is working for the tax man different from working for an owner?
- If I take your possessions it’s theft. Is it any more acceptable if I hold a vote to take your possessions first?
- How can it be free speech if I can’t talk for fear of upsetting someone?
Other sites of interest
- Freedom Association - http://www.tfa.net/
- Libertarianism in the United Kingdom - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism_in_the_United_Kingdom
- Adam Smith Institute - https://www.adamsmith.org/
- Cato Institute - https://www.cato.org/
- TaxPayers' Alliance - https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/
- Apart from the great town where does the name come from? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutionalist_(UK)